Saturday, August 25, 2012

Workout Saturday 25/8/12

I haven't trained all week due to a great deal of time being devoted to finishing course work for my fitness studies and the flaring up again of my biceps tendinitis, which, after speaking with a friend physiotherapist, now sounds like could be more a case of tendinopathy.  I have benefited from the rest, and this last week has been the first time in 9 months I have taken such a break from my routine.  So the only way to get back on the horse was to smash myself with kettle bells and manmakers...


Warm-up

15 minutes brisk walk to gym.
Skipping for 5 minutes and some dynamic stretching.

Conditioning

Kettle bell (16kg) complex for 8 minutes - swings, one-arm swings, Around-the-body-pass (ATBP), one-leg deadlifts.
Barbell manmakers.  8 sets of 5 reps.  42.5kg.  3 minute rest between sets.  The last four sets I incorporated resistance band face-pulls in a superset.
Torsonator (with 10kg plate) complex for 2 minutes.

Warm-down

15 minutes brisk walk home.
15 minutes foam roller.
15 minutes static stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment