Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sleep 14/8/12

After two successive nights of interrupted, restless and too-short sleep I am reminded of the importance of proper rest for effective recovery.  Why?  Coz my goddammed back hurts!  I feel like I've taken about thirty steps backwards from the progress made in my strength and conditioning training and rehabilitation.  I know it's only temporary, but while it's happening I can't help but think, "Shit!  I'm only going to get worse as I get older!  It's never going to go away!"

Then I stop whining, and remember that all I need to do is take it easy, let it settle down, and press the reset button - both physically and psychologically.  I haven't had much pain at all in the last eight months.  No sciatica whatsoever.  I put it all down to keeping active physically and proactive in my approach to the treatment/training regime I have devised.

The solution is easy. Listen to my body.  Rest more.


No comments:

Post a Comment