Monday, October 8, 2012

Workout Tuesday 9/10/12

I have had a little issue with my internet connection the last few days, and so haven't had a chance to put up my workouts.  Needless to say, I have been training well, starting to incorporate more kettle bell exercises into my routine, and have upped my resistance for my core lifts.  All in all, I'm feeling pretty good!

I have been inspired by some videos a friend of mine, Mark Boddington (an excellent exercise trainer, by the way), gave me of Steve Maxwell.  Maxwell is an older gent who is crazy fit and smart as 10 things that are very smart.  He has produced some great vids of himself teaching a group of trainers (Jim Smith included) different exercise techniques, including chin-ups and kettle bells.  Despite the fact that the audio quality is utterly appalling, it makes for intoxicating viewing.

Warm-up

15 minutes brisk walk to gym.
10 minutes of resistance band stretches, high face-pulls and Y-T-W-L with 2kg db, and 20 reps  unloaded bar powercleans with arm curl.

Legs

Superset

Front squats - 5 sets of 5 reps at 65.5kg.  Powerclean to set-up for each set.
Hanging (chin-up start position) scapula mobilisation - 1/4 chin-up - 5 reps.

Chest

Bb bench press - 5 sets of 5 reps at 70.5kg.

Hamstrings/back/core

Kettle bell complex

3 sets of 10 reps

1.  Deep pull-back from front to swing.
2.  Good mornings.
3.  Fires!  Reverse of exercise #1.
4.  Swing with towel.

Warm-down

5 minutes foam roller.
15 minute walk home.
5 minutes static stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment