Friday, October 12, 2012

Workout - Friday 12/10/12

Today I had another great boxing session with Brett Little at the FitToGo gym in Cheltenham.  Today's lesson was a study of form and technique, which was both fascinating and exhausting, not to mention highly stimulating and addictive!  I have had to make some minor adjustments to my technique, especially in the pull-back to guard position after punching, which is quite different to the traditional Japanese martial arts philosophy of hikite.  Footwork has not been an issue, so far.  Movement to striking distance and the effective execution of combinations within the trad-boxing context has been great fun to implement - it's always nice whacking something!

Two important points: 

1.  It is very frustrating not kicking my opponent!

2.  I have not yet experienced a more taxing cardiovascular exercise.  As far as the ultimate cardio workout is concerned, boxing is the shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment