Friday, September 7, 2012

Workout Friday 7/9/12

A light cardio day today.  The thing that I love about the type of training I'm doing is mixing it up as much as possible.  I will almost never do the same workout twice - every session in the gym is a little challenge to do something different, to load and test my body in a way I've not yet tried.  There will always be the same types of foundation exercises, of course, but I believe that if you mix the movements around, incorporating different superset patterns, and work in a varied mix of smaller compound movements, it will be more difficult to adapt to the work.  This pretty much ensures progression in strength.

Cardio

15 minutes brisk walk to gym.
5 minutes rower.
25 minutes elliptic cycle.  High intensity interval training (HIIT).
10 minutes treadmill running.  2.5km.
20 minutes brisk walk home.

Foam roller 5 minutes.
Static stretching 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment